Label Art Specifications
Adobe Creative Suite CC
• Photoshop CC
Accepted Artwork Formats
Text and Line Art Images - Illustrator
• Artwork should be created in layers for easy manipulation (Do not lock or flatten layers)
• All parts of vector line art should be referenced to a Pantone colour.
• All fonts used in artwork should be provided. Otherwise convert type to vector line art.
Pictures and Process Images - Photoshop
• Minimum image resolution - 300 dpi
• TIFF or EPS format (Note: TIFF's created from JPEG's are not acceptable)
• Artwork should be created with layers active (Do not lock or flatten layers)
• Four colour images must be in CMYK format not RGB.
• All fonts used in artwork should be provided or fonts to be outline/converted to curves.
• Text should be 4 points or greater
• Inverted text should be 6 points or greater to avoid fill in.
• Use bold and/or non-seriffed fonts when using small or reverse type (under 12 point) to provide better print quality.
• Four colour process text should be non-seriffed and greater than 12 point. Note: Best results are obtained with solid text.
Specifications (Minimum Values)
• Pictures, process images and line art screens should not be less than 3%.
• Text screens should not be less than 70%.
• Serifs and fonts under 10 point should be avoided when using screened text.
• All plates are output at 150 to 175 LPI.
• Line thickness must be 0.006 inches minimum. (0.50 point)
UPC and GS1 Bar Codes
The minimum size we recommend using for UPC barcodes is 80%. Bar with reduction is 0.0025”. We also recommend not using fonts for barcodes; we can generate a high quality barcode for most formats. Proofs
• All proofs will be sent via email as a .pdf.
• On jobs where colour matching is important, a hard copy will be provided for a signed approval.